North Star Community Rowing, a Minnesota non-profit organization, seeks to empower individuals, transform lives, and build community through the unique discipline of rowing.
- NSCR is providing opportunities for members of our community to build strength, gain confidence, and pursue excellence through rowing.
- NSCR is providing a program that combines rowing and academic support for middle school and high school youth from under-resourced communities in the Twin Cities.
- NSCR is providing adaptive rowing opportunities for individuals of all abilities.
North Star Community Rowing:
- Promotes diversity and inclusion in the sport of rowing by expanding access to two populations who traditionally have been excluded from the sport
- Creates recreation opportunities for Minneapolis youth and adults beyond those that are currently available, particularly youth from underserved communities and individuals with disabilities
- Engages youth from underserved communities in a positive activity that will help them build strength, gain confidence, and pursue excellence and address the educational achievement and graduation gap
- Promotes community access and enjoyment of our parks and natural resources in a way that promotes health, well-being, community, and develops respect and appreciation for natural resources and the environment.